Made a favicon, the little thumbnail image that sits in the address bar and shows up on some browsers whenbookmarked. I think it’s cool. I already had that undefinable crystal ball shiny picture I decided to use as the logo. Making the icon was real easy:
- In Photoshop crop logo to cut out excess black and into a square.
- Change image size to 16×16 pixels.
- Save as favicon.bmp.
- Open bmp in GraphicConverter.
- Under Picture>Color change to 16 colors (4-bit).
- Save as Windows icon (*.ico).
- Upload to root directory at website.
- Clear cache.
Apparently there are even more straightforward methods like using a Photoshop plug-in or saving as png. But this took 10 mins to do so I’m happy.