conversion to xhtml

I started using the cleanup tools on Dreamweaver to clean up extra code, check the markup and to convert to xhtml. I never realized how much extra code Dreamweaver added, no wonder I’ve been finding formatting a minor nightmare. Like there’s tags all together like </br></br></p></br> when one </p> will do. So I went through the code view and tried to clean up.

Fixed the width of tables. Page tables are 800px in width. Widths of columns are also fixed. Plus any cell that doesn’t need formatting will have the css removed. This means going through all the tr and td code line by line. It’s very.pain.ful. But everything looks a bit cleaner now.

I know the direction is to move to php. Don’t have the knowledge yet. One of these days.