Look, boxes

Most of this site is made up of “weblogs” that do not have date based archives, out of the 8 sections, only 2 are true date based weblogs. No, I didn’t include pizzaorme cos, well, I didn’t.

So, for writing sections the index page has the categories and individual entries, easy to do cos most entries have titles like Part 1, Part 2 etc. For picture sections the index is kind of a mix.

For d&f my biggest regret was losing the 3×3 format. So I thought about it, and tried to put the categories and entries in a div that’s defined as 150×150 boxes.

So, in the index template replace:

<MTCategories>
<h2 class=”date”><a href=”<$MTCategoryArchiveLink$>”><$MTCategoryLabel$></a></h2>
<$MTCategoryDescription$><br /><br />
<MTEntries sort_by=”title” sort_order=”ascend”>
<a href=”<$MTEntryPermalink$>”><$MTEntryTitle$></a> <br />
</MTEntries>
<br />
</MTCategories>

with:

<MTCategories>
<div class=”box150″><span class=”smalltitle”><a href=”<$MTCategoryArchiveLink$>”><$MTCategoryLabel$></a></span>
<$MTCategoryDescription$><br /><br />
<MTEntries sort_by=”title” sort_order=”ascend”>
<a href=”<$MTEntryPermalink$>”><$MTEntryTitle$></a> <br />
</MTEntries>
</div>
</MTCategories>

The box 150 div class is defined as:

.box150 { /* creates boxes 150x150px */
float:left;
font-family: verdana, arial, geneva, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 9px;
color: #999999;
margin: 1px;
padding: 4px;
width: 150px;
height: 150px;
border-width: thin;
border-style: solid;
border-color: #cccccc #999999 #999999 #cccccc;
}