movable effect

Started with the cleaning up. It’s easy to copy entries from one blog to another, just follow these simple instructions. I found I didn’t need to ftp the data txt file to my computer because my website’s control panel allows me to text edit. I did it anyway to backup the file.

Copied over entries in delicacies to quiet thoughts — just the few entries on where I lived and odd bits.

Merged both writing sections. Reorganised so there were parent categories and each story / article is a sub-category. Twiddling with the main index template code so it displayed sub-categories the way I wanted wasn’t as difficult as I thought. I took the MT3 default index template, made small changes and previewed after each change. I kept the old code.


<MTTopLevelCategories>
<MTSubCatIsFirst></MTSubCatIsFirst>
<MTIfNonZero tag="MTCategoryCount">
<h2 class="title"><a href="<$MTCategoryArchiveLink$>"
title="<$MTCategoryDescription$>"><MTCategoryLabel></a></h2>
<$MTCategoryDescription$><br /
<MTEntries>
<a href="<$MTEntryPermalink$>"><$MTEntryTitle$></a> |
</MTEntries><a href="<$MTBlogURL$>download.php" title="download">downloads</a>
<br /><br />
<MTElse>
<br /><h2 class="date"><MTCategoryLabel></h2>
</MTElse>
</MTIfNonZero>
<MTSubCatsRecurse>
<MTSubCatIsLast></MTSubCatIsLast>
</MTTopLevelCategories>

<!–original code for 2.661 when there weren’t sub-categories
<MTCategories>
<h2 class=”date”><a href=”<$MTCategoryArchiveLink$>”><$MTCategoryLabel$></a></h2>
<$MTCategoryDescription$><br />
<MTEntries>
<a href=”<$MTEntryPermalink$>”><$MTEntryTitle$></a> |
</MTEntries><a href=”<$MTBlogURL$>download.php” title=”download”>bonus features</a>
<br /><br /><br />
</MTCategories>
–>

I deleted a couple of unused folders. So this morning I had 9 blogs on my installation. Now I have 7, including 2 that will be deleted eventually — I’m keeping them so I can test when I next upgrade. The gallery will be moved away from MT … what to, I don’t know yet. Ultimately I’ll have 4 sections, and pizzaorme.