This one’s gakked from shoey. I haven’t done a meme since early September, seems like a good time for one. I’m glad I have a blog so I can look up what I did on a particular day.
- Where did you begin 2009?
At home, getting ready to fly to Chicago. And posting about how i lost 15 pounds
- What was your status by Valentines Day?
no change, my status won’t ever change I think
- Were you in school anytime this year?
- Did you have to go to the hospital?
not for myself, but far too many times as a visitor
- Did you have any encounters with the police?
none, unless I count meeting Trish and VK
- Where did you go on vacation?
gcls and ptown; none with mm, but we’re planning a short trip during my home leave next year
- What did you purchase that was over £100?
oh lots, because of the move — my car, iphone, small tv, netbook, ereader, sofa bed, kitchen bar table, weights and bench
- Did you know anybody who got married?
shoey, the aforementioned Trish, and Kelly from work
- Did you know anybody who passed away?
- Did you move anywhere?
yep, to Chicago
- What sporting events did you attend?
- What concerts/shows did you go to?
the only ones I can think of are the two drag shows at ptown
- Describe your birthday.
a non event
- What is the ONE thing you thought you would not do, but did, in 2009?
buy a pc
- What have been your favourite moments?
running in 6 races
- Any new additions to your family?
- What was your best month?
dunno, they all blend into each other
- Who has been your best drinking buddy?
postie, Chef, Ruth
- Made new friends?
between the book signings, gcls, ptown and facebook, I am ending 2009 with a phenomenal increase in the number of friends as the beginning of the year
- Favorite Night out?
in april, when i was staying with mm after my stuff got packed. not a special date per se, just being home
- Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
work, which is a relief because in 2008 the answer would have been “on the plane” or “travelling”
- Have you lost any friends this year?
I don’t keep in touch with people, so i’m not as close to people from the ml-alumni anymore
- Change your hairstyle?
for a couple of days, then it got uncomfortable and i switched back
- Have any car accidents?
*knock on wood* no
- How old did you turn this year?
- Do you have a New Year’s resolution?
they’re all running and exercise related
- Did anything embarrassing?
apparently I was a bit friendly with the Karin Kallmaker while drunk, but I don’t remember it. what’s more, i didn’t have a hangover the next day, but Car did even though she didn’t drink
- Buy anything new from eBay?
- Get married or divorced?
- Get hit on?
me? who’d be that desperate?
- Been snowboarding?
only on the wii fit
- Did you get sick this year?
a couple of bad coughs, and that pesky cape cod crud that truly did the rounds
- Are you happy to see 2009 go?
yes and no. it was a year of change, of having to cope with a change of location and all the stresses that are associated with it. Add to it change in reporting line at work, and work itself getting very busy and intense. Missing mm more than I expected. On the good side, health was genrally good; running was good. 2010 will be a year of consolidation, i hope
- Been naughty or nice?
i don’t think I know how to do naughty