This is from simply recipes though to be honest it’s a standard braising recipe that I’ve used time and time again. The 2 new things are: short ribs, which I’ve never done before and reducing the sauce till it’s very thick.
- brown ribs (no oil needed, it’s already fat enough), remove from pan
- remove excess oil, sweat mirepoix until soft
- add 1 bottle wine, reduce to 1/3 original volume and almost syrupy
- return ribs to pan, add chicken stock until ribs are almost covered — recipe says veal or beef stock, neither of which I have
- braise at 180°C for 3hrs until meat is falling off bones
- leave overnight — normally it’d be in the fridge, I did one better and left it on my balcony with its 4” of snow
- remove fat layer (there’s a lot of it), reheat making sure ribs are well glazed