5.25km 40.51min 7.47min/km
The news that our friend Sandra was diagnosed with an aggresive form of cancer, stage IV was so unexpected, so utterly devastating. I had no words. I met Sandra at her first conference and like everyone I know, became a huge fan of her writing, her cheerfulness, her wisdom and simply everything about her.
Our community immediately rallied around her in support. #moranstrong was established. Then the Moran Mayhem Plan (alternatively titled “Laughter is the Best Medicine”) was hatched:
- monday: #moraning blurry pet and animal pics
- tuesday: pie charts, pies
- wednesday: it’s in the syllabus
- thursday: neon day
- friday: gross food (it started with Sandra posting pics of pork rinds, which is equivalent to pork scratchings)
- saturday: #flatsandra out and about (we started that, on our drive to Portland)
- sundey: bad hair / no comb day
The first Moran Mayhem day calls for wearing the most outrageous neon. I don’t have my brightest running shirts with me, but I do have the bright blue #runlightstand shirt. Plus my vizio orange sauconys. So I went out for a 5k around the field, my first run since the marathon. I hope it’s fitting, since Sandra is a runner too.