I uploaded 2,575 pics to flickr during 2017, compared with around 1,500 in 2016 and 3,500 in 2015. The ANZ cruise-to-nowhere and 2 trips to japan provided all of the worthy top 10 pics. Honestly, I think it’s the scenery and nothing to do with my skill as a photographer.
Scroll through the set using the arrows on the left and right of the image. I have:
- a mountain–Fuji
- a lake–the champagne pool at wai-o-tapu geothermal park
- a garden–kenrokuen in kanazawa, one of japan’s three great gardens
- two houses–one at suganuma near shirakawa-go and the other at hobbiton
- a lantern–at the historic higashi chaya tea house district in kanazawa
- a couple of sculptures–one at the hakone open air museum and the other at waiheke island outside auckland
- wine tasting at waiheke island
- a snap of the tugboat Hastings at the bow of our stricken cruiseship, preparing to tow us back to port
No homemade food, because it’s already a struggle trying to figure out what to cook for everyday meals, I barely experimented and probably baked just a handful times.