I am a tiny face in the sea of web presences. I work outside the IT industry in a vaguely IT-related job but I’m not a web designer, a computer engineer or a programmer. In the corporate environment I’m more a user than a developer — but let’s not talk about corporate or work.
I built this website myself, the colophon gives more details. I’m not a better or worse webmaster because of that, I just am. I’m better than most of my friends and family; but compared with the online world at large I struggle to reach intermediate level.
I’m interested in the usual — reading, writing, photography, travelling, food, cooking — and the website contents reflect that.
- home — is where my stuff comes together, it’s a mix of the blog, my del.icio.us links, twitters and tumbles.
- quiet — the traditional blog part of the website, with longer posts, travelogue and technical stuff.
- words — my writing is primarily fiction with almost 90% fanfiction. The usual disclaimers apply for fanfic.
- pictures — I’ve always taken pictures at an amateur level. I enjoy it, though I’m not serious in terms of technical ability.
- places — travelling is one of those “just is” things for me. I love it, sometimes it frustrates me, but I always go back to it.
- taste — cooking is the great leveler, I think. It’s a rare person who doesn’t like food. I’m a competent cook — surprisingly given my science background I don’t cook with exact recipes. It’s the part where I feel i can be a little creative.
… 100% introvert
… my room can be described as organised clutter
… a fairly logical thinker
… I’m not in touch with my emotions
… but I’m affectionate and skeptical
… I hate hot weather
… I have warm fingers
… I’m a pure dork
I’m a writer, an organiser, a friend of a few, a skeptic, a believer, a manager, a colleague, a mentor, arrogant, anal, grumpy, helpful, non-judgmental, accepting, invisible …
… and no, I will not tell you my real name.