summer squash and cottage cheese gratin
This is from nyt.
medium tub small-curd cottage cheese (it’s a 2 cup tub, I’ll need to check weight next time)
50g shredded mozzarella
750g | 1.5lbs assorted courgettes and squash
1 small onion
parsley, garlic, s&p
- strain cottage cheese for at least 20mins to get rid of excess liquid
- sprinkle salt over diced courgettes and drain
- sweat onion with garlic until soft
- beat eggs, add cheeses, onion, garlic, courgettes, parsley, season
- bake at 180°C for about 1hr until golden brown
- rest for 5-10mins in pan before serving
Next time I’m going to skip the onion. I should have known better. They suggested serving with tomato sauce and I agree, eggs and tomato sauce go well together. It was a great dish to eat hot or cold; as main dish or side.