A bit of planning needed to manage the daily tasks due to travelling. Another monthly challenge completed, happy now.
- run/walk/bike 30mins // done 20-sep-2014
- run/walk/bike 60mins // done 27-sep-2014
- do more than 50 squats in one set // done 06-sep-2014
- do more than 50 crunches in one set // done 07-sep-2014
- weights/TRX 3 sets of 10 // done 19-sep-2014
- weights/TRX 3 sets of 12 // done 10-sep-2014
- mindfulness 10mins // done 02-sep-2014
- mindfulness 20mins // done 17-sep-2014
- sleep early // done 04-sep-2014
- turn off electronics 1hr before bed // done 14-sep-2014
food & drink
- 5 different vegetables in a day // done 18-sep-2014
- 3 different fruits in a day // done 03-sep-2014
- mostly water (1 tea, 1 coke zero only) // done 22-sep-2014
- no red meat day // done 01-sep-2014
- no alcohol day // done 13-sep-2014
- no snack day // done 23-sep-2014
- new food/recipe // done 28-sep-2014
- family activity // done 25-sep-2014
- bbmm activity // done 26-sep-2014
- scan 10 family pics // done 05-sep-2014
- gratitude at 1:11 or 11:11 done 21-sep-2014
- celebrate a bizarre holiday // done chocolate milkshake day 12-sep-2014
- 25 squares // done 30-sep-2014
- do something creative // done 09-sep-2014
- outline nano 2014 // done 15-sep-2014
- 1000 words PP // done 16-ssep-2014
- read a new author // done 08-sep-2014
- photofriday challenge // done 11-sep-2014
- random from photo-a-day // done 29-sep-2014
- random from instagram challenge // done 24-sep-2014
We woke up late again, heehee. Brunch was at myeong-dong, the main shopping area. We had ginseng chicken congee which was very good. Then it was almost the whole day of shopping nightmare for me. Socks, jewellry, clothes, clothes, bags, clothes, accessories. Cosmetics, including these silly named masks. Ack. None of which was interesting for me, and I had to maintain a neutral / happy face. I did manage to buy a few socks and a bag myself but it took me 1 minute to decide on what I wanted, then it was 20 minutes of waiting. The worse thing was having to pick different earrings, I don’t wear earrings, I have no interest in earrings, they all seemed the same to me. Torture.
In between all the shopping I got an ice cream cone for myself and we visited a cat caré for coffee. There were something like 20 cats there. I took an anti-histammine before we went in so I was okay for allergies. They were mostly docile but not too friendly, they wouldn’g come up to us on their own. The owner gave us small dollops of cat food and only then did the cats rouse themselves and came up to us. Mostly a teenaged / twenty-something girlie thing to do.
Shopping at myeong-dong was supposed to be an hour or so, it was 5 hrs before we left. Next stop was back to gwangjang market. No, we didn’t try the dog soup (because we didn’t have room). We had pancakes at a different stall as yesterday — more beanspouts and crunchier, we liked this one. Just as we were about to leave, these 3 drunken korean men came to sit at our table and proceeded to chat with us in broken english. I was having none of it, but mm was chatting back to them. Ugh, I put my foot down and we said our polite goodbyes.
Bought small ginseng pieces and pickles from 2 separate stalls. Small melons completed our grand total purchases. I ended the day with some socks, a small bag, some chocolate and 200g ginseng. All of the rest were mm’s purchases. We went back to the hotel to dump all our bags then headed for dinner at the barbeque place a few doors down. Highly recommended, today we had beef short ribs and pork ribs. I’d had enough for the day so I ordered a soju to go with the meal. Back to the hotel to finish the fruit in the fridge and packing.